You are here : Home » News
Posted On : 9 Oct, 2017  Source : PTI  Place : Chandigarh 
15 injured as gas balloons burst, catch fire in Chandigarh
 A bunch of helium balloons released in the air during a function of a private coaching institute here caught fire, injuring 15 persons, including several students, police said today.

The incident took place yesterday evening when the gas- filled balloons got stuck in an electric pole and came in contact with a bulb, an official said.

There was a ball of fire as the balloons burst into flames, injuring those on the ground.

The injured were rushed to the Government Medical College and Hospital (GMCH) in Sector 32 here, where they were provided first aid and discharged.
 
Comments